Saturday, July 6, 2013

CCNA Achieved: What's Next?

Today marks a transition in my career. I was able to successfully pass the CCNA 640-802. As of 7/6/13, I am officially certified. This doesn't mean I'm going to get a 50% salary increase or every door in the job market is going to open for me but it does mean that I am officially recognized as a network professional now by the networking community, the job market, and most importantly; myself. It also means I have passed the entry level networking hurdle and I am now paving the roadway to the future of my career as an IT professional. In short it was a good day. My final score was a 947/1000, I WILL NOT go into any detail about the test for confidentiality purposes. Cisco has validated my official status as "Certified" as of 3:48pm. I'm now only waiting for my certificate. 

What's next? Next I take a much needed break from intense studying. I am definitely setting my sites on CCNP but I am also thinking of going after another CCNA in another discipline before tackling the CCNP track. Again, not for the certification, but to pick up a new skill-set along the way. Maybe CCNA Data Center? We'll see.


http://images03.olx.com.pk/ui/3/55/76/1352455500_454164976_1-Pictures-of--Cisco-Certified-Network-Associate-CCNA-Training-on-Skype.jpg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment