Thursday, December 27, 2012

Visio Goodness: Lab Topology and Rack Diagram

Below are some Visio diagrams that I did including a topology map and a rack layout map of my home lab that I have saved as JPEGs. These diagrams illustrate a working progress of how I hope my rack looks by the 2nd quarter of next year. I also perform this task at work for our network and server infrastructure. Diagrams are invaluable tools that help you understand topology designs and identify devices in a sea of exhausted rack space and cabling. They also help unlucky administrators that have to inherit a pre-existing infrastructure after you get promoted or maybe go to another company. I would love to post one of my maps from work but I can't do that because of security purposes. Enjoy the power of Visio!



No comments:

Post a Comment