Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Tech Interests

Here is a short list of technical things that interest me.

  • Networking
    • Routing and Switching (LANs/WANs)
    • Core Routing and Switching
    • Service Provider Networks
    • Voice and Unified Communications
    • MPLS (Even though it's a little advanced for me, I still read up!)
    • Metro Ethernet
    • 10 and 100 GbE
    • SDN
    • WAN Fail-over
    • WWANs (LTE, WiMax, etc)
    • Converged Storage and Ethernet Solutions (ex. Nexus, FCoE)
  • Linux
    • Ubuntu (Currently running on my laptop for 5 months --- best OS to me)
    • Linux based network appliances (Vyatta, Asterisk, etc.)
    • Penetration Testing
  • Virtualization 
    • VDI (Why would anyone with the budget NOT be using this?)
    • Clouding
    • Virtual Networking Appliances (ex. Nexus 1000v, Vyatta, CSR 1000v, etc.)
  • Microsoft Visio
    • I installed a Win 7 Ultimate VM within VMWare Workstation on Ubuntu mostly to run Microsoft Vision 2010. 
DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an expert in any of this. I am skilled mainly in Routing and Switching and limited Voice. I just enjoy reading about these topics and keeping up with the latest technology trends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment