Monday, May 6, 2013

Terminal Server and Switched PDU Complete

Today marks the completion of both my rack switched PDU project and Terminal Server project. I installed an APC switched pdu to be able to remotely power on and off my lab successfully and tested using PPTP VPN via my Vyatta Internet Router. 

I also bought (from ebay), configured, and installed my new terminal server to replace the Ubuntu laptop that I was using with ser2net. The device I installed is a Cyclades ACS32 which is much more optimized as a terminal server. I have 32 ports (plenty of room for lab growth) to control all of my devices out-of-band in case of an issue or just in  case i want to wipe the config and start over again without directly connecting to each with my laptop. Pictures soon (maybe tomorrow)!

BTW I also made my own RJ45 M/M Rollover cables for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment